[cmake-developers] ctest - how to reset default regex error list
Michal Wozniak
2018-07-18 19:26:57 UTC

My tests are failing since they are detecting the "ERROR:" I thought by using CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH, I would be able to reset the default list of errors and even use my own list.

eg :

set(CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH "")

or

set(CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH

"error0"

"error1"

)

It seems that the defaults list is appending the custom_error_match to another list "cmCTestErrorMatches" already created.

Cmake default logic if I understand correctly :

1. create cmCTestErrorMatches with default values
2. Append values from CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH to CustomErrorMatches
3. Append values from cmCTestErrorMatches list to CustomErrorMatches list

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx#L23

Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx · master · CMake / CMake<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx#L23>
gitlab.kitware.com
[CMake](https://cmake.org), the cross-platform, open-source build system.

I have asked a much simpler question in the user mailing but since looking at the "cmCTestBuildHandler<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx#L23>.cxx", I thought it would be more suitable here.

Is there a way to have a completely new error regex list?

thanks

Michal
Brad King
2018-07-19 11:03:58 UTC
Is there a way to have a completely new error regex list?
No, due to the appending logic you found. Some new option would need
to be added to fully replace the list.

If you use CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS the default list is much reduced.

-Brad